mandag den 21. oktober 2013

Tracking my media use

We have been assigned to do some thoughts regarding how we will track our media use for a 48-hour period, and do a so called 'tracking plan', of how we are actually going to conduct our tracking of ourselves.
This post is about how I am going to track my media use, and what what I have in mind, would be the outcome that I, in a later post, will be talking about in a video post, before I proceed to try out a media-fast, which will also be described in a video (cool right?)

To track myself and my use, I have a whole lot of different (some more or less crazy) ideas, that, in my mind, could be useful and produce an outcome worth of analysing.
Ideas include; Strapping on a GoPro camera, installing video-capture software recording my every move on social media sites, installing a video-capture app on my smartphone, doing a spreadsheet noting everything with exceptional detail or simply just using a notebook to take small, but extensive notes.
To be fair, not all of these ideas would give me a useful outcome, and i have therefore decided to stick with a the more conservative options, and my idea is to spice it up, by doing some screen-capture!
So basically what I plan to do is;

  • Pick a 48hour period suitable for tracking
  • Sharpen a pen, preparing to note down all my social media encounters in this period. This will include e.g. Facebook, Twitter, forums and blogs)
  • Notes will be taken in my small notebook, noting down time of day, the social media, platform, duration and most importantly; purpose! (I will be noting down both laptop and smartphone use, making no distinction, other than platform)
  • I will screen-capture my 'morning-ritual', where I do a brief check of my different social media relations
Hopefully this will provide some useful material, to reflect upon in the video!

When I know when this whole thing is about to happen, I will let you know. (Since the notes should be posted on the evening of october 25th, I'm rather limited in choosing the period)

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar