søndag den 10. november 2013

Catching up!

After having fasted for a whole day there is obviously a lot of catching up to do! I checked my phone this morning, to see what I had been missing out on yesterday: 17 mails, 5 Tap-A-Talk (forum) notifications, 2 text messages, 2 Facebook notifications, 1 Twitter notification and 1 Snapchat. It sounds like a lot when written this way, but actually it surprises me, that it ins't more? I would have expected more mails and Facebook notifications, especially when yesterday was saturday! The sad thing is, that my disappointment didn't stop here, as i opened my email app, 9 of the received mails was spam (I have quite some trouble with this lately..), and only two of the remaining had actual and relevant content to be interesting enough to be read, and here I went all day hoping for something interesting to await my attention.. Pff.. Moving on to Facebook, the notifications received (I have Facebook set to only send notifications regarding friends put on my self-created Friend-list) was about one of my friends finally moving on to the real world, becoming a graduate-student (congrats Isak!) and a status-update asking if anybody was going out. Not really that interesting a night it seems.

The funny thing is, many of the thoughts running through my head while the fast was on, was really with no reason, I didn't miss out on anything (except the one text-message regarding a meeting next week, i needed to respond to, but not urgently), everything seemed to progress nicely without me knowing about it, and really, I had a great day, not being mentally pushed to check the media at all times. Of course I've been catching up today, to see what have happened, but to be honest, none of it really seemed interesting enough, and my morning-routine only lasted five minutes. Nothing popped out as important, interesting or relevant - It was more of a 'okay, moving on' kind of feeling.

I don't know how to interpret this at the moment, but I'm feeling that social media ins't as 'important' and relevant to be a part of, as I had thought prior to yesterday?

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar