lørdag den 9. november 2013

Brain-dump #3

As a last thing before going to bed, I've decided to do a last brain-dump with my final thoughts on this day being 'disconnected'. Overall I think that everything went according to plan, if it is possible to have some kind of plan before going into a period of no internet and social media. By this, I men that I had hoped I wouldn't be tempted too much, and at some point be overwhelmed by the urge to check my phone, and see what had been going on in the 'lost' time. I can proudly say that I haven't checked my phone all day! To be honest it was really just the first couple of hours that was/felt, to some degree, the worst. After a couple of hours out of the routine, I really didn't think about checking the phone. I believe this has something to do, with the phone being out of reach, and thereby not tempting me with it's vibrations and notification-tones, but still, the feeling that I needed to check in, hasn't been present all night, even though it is saturday night! Personally I think that is some kind of achievement in itself.
The only time I felt left out in some way, was while I was watching Danish Music Awards, this live TV show had all kinds of references to social media, and some of the prizes was related to online and live voting, plus a lot of hashtags for Twitter and Instagram, providing 'backstage' access. These things were presented in a way, that made me feel like I was missing out on things, that everybody else was able to participate in, but without the different apps and internet access, I was 'stuck' with the 'regular' edition, and all the extras felt like premium subscriber-only content - And the worst part, I haven't even seen it, so I really don't know what I'm missing out on! All these feelings are connected purely to the talked presentation in the show. Maybe the content was bad, or uninteresting, I don't know, but I missed out, on what could have potentially have been awesome stuff? Or on the other hand, I didn't miss out on anything else, than bloatware, and uninteresting crap. I hope for the latter, even though I would have liked to jut have a glimpse..

Oh, and one last thing from this show; they handed out a prize for best 'Innovation', covering an artist's use of social media, to include and give fans an extraordinary experience! Social media really is everywhere nowadays.
By the way, the winner was Nik & Jay, provided snippets of songs from their new album, at certain 'hotspots' in Copenhagen, allowing users to listen through an app, designed for this particular stunt. Interesting approach, even though it doesn't sound that innovative and social media related to me..

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar